Later just before bed Joey said he was going to work and Evie told him he had to bring. She rambled off something that neither of us knew what she was saying. She said, "Wait right there, I'll be right back." And she ran and got his backpack and compressed pillow. She mentioned, "So that dad can sleep on the airplane." She was really concerned that he need his pillow so he would be comfortable. Dad has been gone a lot lately with interviews for Medical School. Sometimes I worry that the kids don't notice. But it is sad that every time he leaves the kids assume he is on another airplane. But I was reminded of how considerate of others she is and that she doesn't skip a beat.



Evie was picking her nose in the car today, I discovered this when I looked in the rear view mirror and quickly told her that was not okay and "we don't pick our nose." Well I guess it was not soon enough because upon my next glance in the mirror Jonah glanced over at Evie and stuck his finger right up in his nose. I turned to her and trying to suppress my laughter (because I am not very good at parenting) said, "Look what you just taught your brother." Upon seeing that Jonah had copied her, Evie was rolling in laughter. And just as I was afraid, Jonah now knew he was being funny and instead of this being an imitation it turned into a comedy routine. I was reminded that sometimes it is just better to laugh. We went to the Halloween store in the mall and then decided because we were already there to meander around the mall. Before we knew it Evie was "riding a horse" and galloping up and down the the corridors and Jonah was flapping his arms running as fast as his little legs could carry him. For a while I tried to contain their free spirits, worried what other people might think of my crazy children. But at one point Evie grabbed my hand and said, "Lets be airplanes!" And so I did. And I was reminded there is more value in having fun with my kids that what other people's judgements.
Genevieve is amazing and I wouldn't change her for the world. She reminds me that!









You are an awesome mom! These are great stories and points to you for writing them down. That little girl of yours is so beautiful!
ReplyDelete