Friday, October 11, 2013

Lonely

This little guy loves to cuddle. Lately he has been waking up in the night and crying at the door or in the hall way in the dark if he can get passed the door. Today he came out because he heard me washing dishes. He still looked tired so I rocked him for two seconds and he was gone before I even knew it. At this point I am sitting here not knowing what to do. I can assure you he will wake up if I lay him down which will make for a tired little boy. In the mean time I sit here with all the things I need to do running through my mom brain.
I forgot to mention that evie gets lonely in the night too. She has figured out that if she goes to the side of the bed I will just take he back to hers. And dad will most likely sleep through it all. So she climbs up right in between us and I wake up with her arm in my face. But last night Jonah ended up in our bed. I don't know how long I can take this invasion of my personal space. I need my sleep if I am going to be a pleasant mommy. But then I think of how lonely they must get (I shared a room with someone for all but 3 months of my life). I even considered putting them in the same room together but thought that might just be crazy. They always say that things will pass and enjoy them while you can. Should I just enjoy the closeness and hope it will pass or try to prevent years of children sleeping in my bed?



No comments:

Post a Comment