At this point, I am pretty sure we have a curse. When Joey graduated, Evie came down with something the night before and by the time graduation hit she had full blown ear infections. Today was Shane and Angie's graduation. It was a wonderful event........... despite that Jonah came down with diarrhea while we were there. I went up and down those stairs more times than I could count. I ran out of diapers (4), so I borrowed some of Mindi's (2). I ran out of those and so in mighty desperation (after asking every person that walked into that bathroom) I created my own diaper out of Evie's extra pair of pink underwear and a pad I happen to have tucked deep into the diaper bad. I have a feeling I might have prayed it there because I didn't find it on my first quest for more diapers. My first thought when I saw it was, "Well, Joey always says I am wearing a diaper... so it should work!." I forgot to mention that each time we went into the lady's room I stripped him down and put him in the sink. He was flaming red and not happy about me running wipes over his sore bum. Luckily, we made it home before the volcano erupted again because I really don't think that would have held much.
The poor kid was so tired that he fell asleep in Joey's arms on the way to the car and stayed asleep even through changing his diaper, back into a real one. He just laid there on the changing table and whimpered with his eyes closed. Saddest thing I have ever seen!
Despite all that, graduation was super cool! Shane spoke and did an awesome job. He spoke of how we react to what happens to us and the impact it can have on others. It was very well done! He is such a stud and I am glad to call him my brother!!!
I may choose not to go to anyone else's graduation, not because I can't go but I am afraid what might happen next to my poor kids. ;) Naw, something has got to break the curse
No comments:
Post a Comment