Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm Gonna Love Today!

Shane is going through the temple today.  I was talking to Evie about it and I told her that Mommy and Daddy are going to the temple today.  She replies with, "To get married???!!!" "No, Mom and Dad already got married.  We are going to the temple with Shane.  It is his first time"  "Shane is getting married??!!"  "No, Shane is going on a mission."  She was confused and processed that for a really long time.

We made little pizza's today and usually everyone dives and and I have to remind them that while they are cooling we need to say a prayer.  Evie said a nice, short prayer that consisted of "biyuos" (burritos), "nu nus" (noodles), and the pizza we were eating.  In the middle I peeked at the kiddos and I saw Jonah  looking at me intensely, almost studying me.   When I opened my eyes at the end of the prayer he had his little hands clasped together.  He was folding his arms!  We cheered for him and got really excited that he was so "reverent" and he giggled with excitement as well.
It goes to show that no matter how small they are, they are watching.  They learn from your every move, gesture and behaviors.  I just with I was a better example all the time.  I prided in myself that I was so very patient and loving.  Parenting has truly tested that patience.

These are the words Jonah can say: more, tada, uh or uh-oh, whtz at (what's that), fish, moo (moose). Oh and he loves to bark like a dog- you wouldn't know what it was if you randomly saw him doing it but it is there, non-the-less. He loves to play peek-a-boo where he does the hiding, pretend to cook and eat it, and he loves music.  He recently learned how to twirl and the two kids have a blast rockin' out the dance party.

No comments:

Post a Comment