Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Jonah!!!

Jonah turned ONE!! Still can't believe it!!! He is getting more and more fun everyday!  You wouldn't know if from his pictures though.  It seems that whenever Jamie pulls out her camera to take some higher quality pictures he doesn't smile a stitch and has a blank look on his face.  Ohh well, what can you do?
For Jonah's birthday we got him this little spiderman couch that he thinks is the bomb!!! We kept it super simple and then celebrated his birthday on Saturday when all family was together for Joey's graduation.  More for Evie's sake, we sang happy birthday all throughout the day and she thought that was awesome!!! She would join in and sing her little heart out.  Every time we started singing Jonah would get the biggest grin on his face.  I think he knew that it was all about him!
Here are some little details about Jonah

- He loves food! Mostly fruits and veggies.  Recently he tasted chocolate and thought that was the bomb!!! Nickole brought us back some coconut/macadamia nut chocolates and he begged for those.  That was the first time I noticed he liked sweet things.
-He loves to show off!! Despite the fact that he started walking a month ago he can already walk up the big slopes in our back yard.  He does it mostly to show off and to keep up with Evie.  Shortly after he started walking he would pick up these really large and heavy items and look at us like, "I am the MAN!  Can you see what I am doing???!!!"
- He loves to climb!  He climbs everything he can! Couches, stairs, steps in front of the sink, Joey's face.  You present it, and he would take you on.

- His new favorite book is The Big Green Monster.  He had a hard time sitting through books until I realized that I wasn't reading to his level.  As soon as I did that, he has become interested in them and will bring me books to read.  It takes longer to read to both kids at nap time but I think it will be worth it in the end.
- He loves Evie.  He really does! They will go all around the house getting into trouble together,... but he doesn't love it when she takes his stuff.  He gets soooo upset.  He will throw his little tantrum by plopping down on the ground and let out a wail.  It doesn't last very long and I will try to work something out between the two kids, which I am not always good at, but I try to be fair.
- He loves to cook.  I think he is just imitating, which he loves to do (I found him "pulling weeds" today) but he sure does it a lot.  Some days I think he might be happy just playing with a bowl and a spoon.  He stirs and stirs and stirs!
- He said jump! He would sit on the stairs and bounce each time after saying, "Jump." But he hasn't said it since... so I don't know if I can count it.
-Jonah is a champ when it comes to napping.  He doesn't always take a long one, but he always goes down easy.  We do our little routine and he is a sleep within 2-5 min.   Heaven sent!!! Drastic difference between Evie where she would cry for 40 min and sleep for 20.
- Jonah is a goofy little kid with a ton of fun coming out as his personality is developing.  One of his favorite things I do lately is following him around like a dog.  I know it sounds weird, but he thinks it is hilarious.  (Joey even looks at me like I am crazy.)  I chase him on all fours while barking, then start panting and by then he is laughing so hard he falls down.  I follow up with some sniffing and pretend licking noises and he is pretty much in stitches.

We love having Jonah in our family and are so grateful that our Heavenly Father sent him to us!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment