Monday, November 12, 2012

It happens

I guess I said this more than I thought. Currently, my daughter is notorious for telling kids if they get hurt..., "It happens."  She says it matter-a-factly and clean of any sympathy.  For example, Wyatt fell down on the pavement the other day and he was crying.  I asked what happened and she showed me how he was climbing out of the window of the little play house.   This explanation was followed by a, "It happens."  
I realized that when she hurts herself or has an accident like all two year olds do, I down play it and try not to make a big deal out of it to decrease the drama and tears that is already present.  So, I tell her that it happens and it is okay if it happened to you.
So... watch what you say and do because kids will repeat it... "It happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment