Like many two year olds, she insists on doing everything herself. it must be done her way and if not... well, I like to not think of the "if nots". She is very independent and I try not to puncture that because I want her to believe in herself. I try to let her figure things out and struggle despite my instinct that screams out to step in and help her. So maybe I'm the culprit of her independancy( I don't think that is a real word but it is how I want to say it -so there!) I want more than anything for her to grow up with confidence in herself and know that I believe in her. It may be harder now with all the "attitude" as some people like to call it, but I like to think that if I believe in her now, she will believe in herself later on. It is like today when I was making muffins. She wanted to help me. Not an evil thing, but my first reaction was she can't help me; she will make a mess and it will take even longer and I could go on... But I let her stir it and tried not to let her see me "fixing it" because the job she did was great! I let her scoop the batter out of the measuring cup into each tin and ya, she spill and missed a lot and tried to stir the batter already in little tins (and I couldn't handle it) but we did it!!!! and she was so proud of what she did!!!
A long time ago, I heard some Logan outsider say that people in logan don't like change. And the more I think about it, I must fit into that category of the people in Logan. As things change in my life, even the falling of the leaves, I hold onto the past. It is kind of like trying to grab all the leaves as they fall and stick them back on the branch from where they fell, impossible right? I resist the winter. The winter might be bitterly cold and the ice freezes over but there are joys in the winter and good that comes of it. For example, every day Evie wakes up and looks out to see if there is snow. She was even excited about frozen dew on the grass. Grown ups might look at the snow and think of all the accidents that might come of it and the fingers that get cold but a child looks at it with a different light. They see it as snow to eat and foot prints to leave and the world to be experienced.
Jonah on the other hand is mellow yellow. He is pretty happy as long as he has a toy in his hand and Evie usually makes sure that he does. He lets kids squish him him and get right up in his face. He is easily put into laughter and has the cutest little giggle on the block. He loves to roll around on the floor and experience whatever he can get his hands on. I think Heavenly Father sent him to me knowing what a blessing he would be. Lately all I have to do is laugh and smile at him and he laughs back! It is so funny!
He still loves it when Evie dances for him especially now that he can sit up.
He finds food a joy and will try and attack it off the spoon. We gave him carrots as his first food beside rice cereal and he ate the entire container! I was amazed!
Currently Jonah is cuddling up next to me and while evie sleeps. I have the cutest kids! They are so sweet and fun! I know everyone says that but I am so glad I get to be a mom! Especially a mom of these two! They are going to make the cutest butterfly caterpillar combo for halloween ever!




Your kids ARE adorable! Nicely written post, too! I especially love the picture of Evie that captures that pure joy that glows from children. The best! And finally, cute costume ideas!!
ReplyDelete