Monday, November 12, 2012

Doctor Evie

We were riding in the car the other day and Evie was in the back talking to herself like usual.  I decided to tune into the conversation and this is what I heard.

"Oh, listen to your heart beat.  Yes.  Nice.  Ahh, POKE! Ouch! Bandaid, leg.  Evie Brave."

Over and over she was recounting the experience at the doctor where we went to get her ears checked and ended up getting a flu shot.  We had told the nurse that she likes to listen to her heart beat and she has a little play stethoscope at home.  So when the nurse came in to give her a flu shot she distracted her by letting Evie listen to her own heart beat.  I think we might have ruined her for life.  Story sounded pretty messed up when retold from the mouth of a two year old. 

1 comment: