-People always ask me if she talks, how much, and what she says and usually I say something to the close to, "Ya, she talks all day long... how much I understand is another story." But, for the record these are some of her words: Shoes, Jacket, Fish, Tortilla, Cheese, Eye, Teeth, More (my personal favorite), ball, up, out, Dada, Mom, Grandma (kinda hard to hear but she tries), off, on, no, ya, that, this, hot, blanket, cooking, spoon (sometimes sounds like dush), lion, hi, ect... Now, I need to clarify that a lot of these words are about as clear as mud. Nevertheless, they are words and we take what we can get.
-Most days are spent at our house cooking, cleaning, and taking care of babies. I'm not talking about me, these are on Evie's lists of things to do. She cooks and has me taste it, adds this, and pours more of that. If you give Evie a wash cloth she knows just what to do with it- start wiping things down. If you give Evie a baby she will wrap it up in a blanket (making sure to cover the face), sing a lullaby, rock it back and forth, lay it down somewhere, and come up and say, "Shhhh." Meaning to say, be quiet, the baby is sleeping.
-Eating is still a chore, and most of the time considered next to torture (unless it contains tortillas, cheese, eggs, syrup, or peanut butter.)
- She loves to navigate the I-pad, and can always find her favorite game (where you touch an object, usually person or animal, and it moves and makes a noise.)
- Genevieve's new favorite movie is Lion King and she loves it when they growl and loves the music. But other favorites include Tangled, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc. We watch little 10-15 min clips at a time to get her fix in, (usually one song). She sits in her rocking chair is fascinated by the whole thing.
Our little baby boy is 28 weeks old. Now in the 3rd trimester, I'm positive things are going to fly. He is growing great and he'll probably be here before we know it. I've tried to convince Evie that there is a baby in my belly but I don't think I have her sold on the idea. I'm getting bigger every day and it's getting harder to touch my toes and not run to the bathroom every time I carry Evie putting pressure on my belly. It's amazing how easily your brain forgets what things were like but your body remembers exactly what to do.
Joseph and I haven't decided on any names yet, but hopefully we'll get one together soon.
Joseph is very busy in school and preparing for the MCAT. We don't see him a whole lot but embrace the moments we do have. We are grateful for his motivation, despite the fact that I spend a lot of time trying to demotivate him because that means extra time as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment