Saturday, March 19, 2011

The busy days of an eight month old

So... we got a new computer and I haven't figured out how I'm going to get my pictures on here... hence my lacking of posting. Here's a little update that will have to be enhanced with photos later.
Oh how the tables have turned.... Evie has finally learned to crawl. After a few months of the army crawl, one day she just up and decided to crawl... like the normal kids. Now, a month later she is standing up to anything that looks remotely bigger than her (Even if it is her two year old cousin, which might I add doesn't fly too well). She discovered the stairs which kind of scares me because although she wants to be so big and do so many things, she hasn't built those foundations of gravity or heights. We invested in a stair gate but to my dismay... our stairs are not compatible with gates. So, Evie will have to continued to be watched like a hawk. She is such a busy, busy, busy child that getting her to stay in an enclosed area is like torture, (really she starts screaming and tries to get out). One minute she is sucking on the glass door window and the next she is at your feet using your pants as a leverage to stand up, then ooh look what's this under the fridge?.
I guess I knew it would come but I didn't know it would be this fast. After standing up to something and getting a good footing, Genevieve wants to hold on with one hand. (It's like those teenagers that learn how to drive, feel comfortable and then think it's cooler to hold on with only one hand.) Then, she wants to hold on with no hands. She usually balances for a few seconds and then plops on her bum only to try it again. One of her favorite things to do is to hold on to your hands and walk around. I think she would do it all day long if you would let her.
We taught Evie how to kiss. It's darn near breaks your heart. All you have to say is, "Kiss" and point to your lips/cheek and she opens her mouth way big and gives you a good ol' smackeroo! Then she gets all shy and tries to hide. She's so much fun!
She smiles at all the strangers and every time we go to the store we come home with a balloon (which she absolutely goes crazy over) or an offer for a sucker (which we graciously decline).
I can't believe she is already 8 months and that one year is just around the corner. It feels like just yesterday we were running up and down old main, two days over due, trying to get her here. I can't imagine life without my little munchkin. I'm so glad our Heavenly Father entrusted us to love her, raise her in the truth, and help her to grow. But take my word for it, it won't be long before Joseph has taught her how to say the word, "poop".

No comments:

Post a Comment