I've always thought Valentines day was kind of cliche and silly and...well awkward. But I've grown to appreciate what power it has. Although I don't get to see Joey often, Valentine's day gives us a reason to set aside the normal chaos of life and just enjoy each others company. The day started by Joey getting up at 6:00 a.m. to go to Walmart and return with flowers before I awoke. He skipped some of his classes and we spent the day together running errands and just seeing each other- which lately is a rare treasure. He went back to school to classes he just couldn't miss and I worked like mad to try and make Indian curry and a pistachio dessert- I heard once that a way to a man's heart is his stomach.... So, I tried to make it special. The evening ended in a dance party with the three of us. Thanks to High School Musical. finding the beat wasn't too difficult. Joey would probably kill me because this might not make him sound as manly as he wants to be portrayed but one of our favorite family activities is dancing. Evie thinks there is nothing better. She gets so excited that she just can't stop laughing. It's those times that you stop and think.... life doesn't get much better than this.
Joseph spent many hours on a wonderful video of a collection of photos from the time we met... which mind you, is a lot. It was fun to go back in time and visit all those old memories. Thank you Joseph for a wonderful life... and a day to LOVE.
No comments:
Post a Comment