In the last days of pregnancy... I got a little desperate... I went bowling... walking for hours on end.... eating weird food... and other things I'm not proud of.

But I did get her room done!
Nevertheless... She arrived but not til after I stopped trying so hard. On Wednesday, the 14th we arrived at the hospital after having contractions all night and all morning. However, as soon as I sat down and was hooked up to the monitor, when the contractions counted the most, they stopped. I was two days over my due date and I was not about to be sent home. So I ran (as close as a nine month pregnant woman can get to running) around the hospital and for some reason I think the nurses felt bad for me because when we got back to our room they said my doctor agreed to break my water. At 2 the doctor was up and gone, contractions started 30 mins later. By 4 I was dilated to a 4, at 5 I was a 7, before I knew it we were complete and Genevieve Mae Clyde was born by 5:53 with only 7 pushes. She was 6 lbs 10 oz and 19 in. long. She came out a pretty pink and beautiful as ever. Even when I think it impossible, because she is so cute, a it amazes me that she continues to look even more beautiful everyday.
This first week she has changed so much I feel like I have to take a picture everyday to keep up with her changes.
She has such a personality all ready and is very alert and attentive. It's hard to catch that on camera since she makes a funny face everytime the camera focuses on her. She smiles everytime she sleeps, it's a debate who she's dreaming about- Joey or me. She loves her tummy and if I would let her she would want to stay on it all the time. She got my long tongue and this isn't even all the way stretched out. 



Congratulations! She is so gorgeous :) I love her name too
ReplyDeleteCongats! She is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this post! And for her being so late she came rather quickly! You had a fast labor! And she is so adorable and pretty! I cannot wait to meet her! When will you be blessing her? We would like to come if that is ok. And her room is adorable by the way! How did you do it?
ReplyDelete