Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How life's changed

Since the semester ended, life has slowed greatly. I now have a clean house! and it gets cleaned every day! Crazy all the things you can get done when you are home alone with just the ipod to listen to. I've had time to go on walks, I know, weird. I've almost listened to every church related talk on my ipod and hope to tackle all of conference. I take naps. Wohoo! Mmmm, those are much needed and I get to plan and make dinner. I feel like a real wife and homemaker.
Took the car in... again. I think by the time we spend all this money on repairs we could have bought us a pretty decent new one. But what the heck, who needs a new car when you can repair the old one? It still runs so plan is to run it into the ground. Maybe it will still be around when are children are old enough to take it to school and be embarrassed by the thing. They can brag to their friends that their mom drove this to high school.
Talking about children, mine is getting larger everyday. It's exciting that sometimes I can distinguish between different body parts poking out. On most days I can tell the orientation of the little one (where the head is, the feet especially). She gets the hiccups pretty much everyday. It's kinda cute. Ok, really cute. The reality that we are going to have a baby is slowly unfolding. Not that I would be able to anything at this point, but for the longest time it feels so unreal, almost dream like. But since I've been doing the pregnant waddle, and pregnant squat accompanied with limited access to my feet reality has begun to settle in. I realized that I'm going to be known as "Mom" and Joey has to call me that or she might get confused. Some days I forget I'm not the little girl that would dance in any room of the house because she thought no one was watching. I have to be the mother who knows everything, with eyes in the back of her head and ears that are always listening. Lets just hope the kids don't catch me dancing by myself too often.
I'm slowly but surely getting the nursery finished. I sewed the bed skirt, pretty easy. Now I want to tackle the bumper pads... they scare me. And it doesn't help that the material I want to make them out of is never in stock. We're on a time schedule people, and I'm a really slow sewer, we gotta get that material in! Natalie helped me modge podge some really cute letters. they are going to look dang cute on the wall when I put it all together.
Joey went to Moab last week. It was the first time we have ever been away from each other since we've been married. I didn't like it one bit, and boy was I happy to see him when he came back. Even though he probably smelled really bad and was covered in dirt, I don't remember those things. All I remember is how happy I was to have my best friend back.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post. Isn't it crazy how much life changes when you get pregnant? I thought life would change only after we had the baby, but us as women start thinking ahead, and planning. And i am so impressed you are getting the nursery together, you are on the ball! Can't wait to see your little one! And I am jealous that your house is clean and you plan out your meals!

    ReplyDelete