These last few days Jonah has discovered that he can get some pretty good air by jumping off of the back of the couch. He is a little boy filled with passion. He has a passion for jumping as before mentioned- Him and Evie love to jump on our tramp that we moved inside the house. Best investment we have made on the kids! If Jonah isn't jumping he is usually throwing a ball around the house. He loves to throw them high, he loves to throw them far and he even loves the chase.
We went to lunch with my Dad and brother and ran into my next door neighbor who was admiring how big and cute the kids have gotten. Jonah decided that instead of eating his chicken nuggets, he would eat my chicken sandwich. Not a big deal, right. Well, when Jonah takes a bite that is too big (which is often) he does what all good people do and spits it out. Out of the corner of my eye I see our neighbor look over and watch my cute kids as Jonah spits out the chicken sandwich into his hand, glance at it then chucks it as far as he can across the restaurant. I was embarrassed but not really surprised.
Jonah also has an obsession with BATMAN! Mind you, he doesn't know who batman is but he does know that he has a batman shirt, batman pj's, and batman boots. He likes to run around the house saying, "Batman!"
The thing is, he really doesn't have batman boots. They are just black boots. But we had this dilemma because we went and played in the snow in the back yard and we didn't have any boots for the kid and so we put some of Evie's old pink hand-me-down moon boots on him and from that day on he and his boots were like peas and carrots. He insisted that he wear them everywhere. It got to the point where as soon as I took him out of the bath he ran and found his pink boots, put them on and ran some more. Everywhere we went we giggled about how he loved his pink boots and said it was fine because we didn't have other ones for him until the day came when we inherited boots from Wyatt. Jonah did not think they were cool. He thought they were awful. It was a chore trying to get them on him until Joey said, "Are those your BATMAN boots?" And so they have been ever since. Brilliant!
Jonah loves to read. But he mostly loves to read Dr. Suess's Hop on Pop. He asks for that book every nap time, bed time and in between. We have read it so much that Evie can practically read it for us. Fun book until Jonah decided to "Hop on Mom". He also loves Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb. He must like the rhythm. But I realized that we might read it a lot when we were at a Sushi place with Kacie Egbert and when given chop sticks the kids started hitting the table singing, "Dum diddy dum diddy dum dum dum."
I don't know what has gotten into the kids lately but they have been eating like crazy!! And I am not exaggerating. After some begging I gave in and made crepes for the kids for lunch. They ate the entire batch minus 2 crepes which I snagged for myself. One night, after shopping for a coat stand (which is impossible to find), we decided to pick up pizza. Evie ate FOUR pieces! FOUR! As she is eating Joey exclaims, "Hey you are eating my lunch for tomorrow." She shrugs her shoulders and asks for another.
Evie has become a professional paper cutter. She cut out at least twenty hearts this valentines day and gave them to grandparents, aunts and even Joey's co-workers. And they were very impressive! The other day she asked to cut out a star. I was a little doubtful, because stars are even hard for adults. But she stuck to it. I helped her with the first two, showing her not to cut the corners and by the third star I let her do it "all herself" and it was practically perfect!
Evie, like most girls her age, has a love for princesses and of course for Frozen. She loves the music and says that "Let it Go" is "her song." She is constantly singing it and dancing all over the house. It is funny that you don't teach somethings and kids just know. We were at the mall today trying to kill some time while we got the oil changed and the music in one of the stores was what I would call a little gangster like. So she bent her knees, leaned back, and bounced as she did some gangster move with her shoulders. I promise, I didn't teach that move to her!
Evie has been in dance since the fall and loves it completely. I used to go and watch since it is 20 min. away and isn't worth driving home for. But I became too much of a distraction and since I stopped going she has loved it!!!
Evie loves to tease people.












No comments:
Post a Comment