Evie has been having loads of improvement with her intervention!!! She tolerates getting messy and tries new foods!! She explores more and will take more risks ( like jumping into the pool or off of the couch). She is getting less controlling and will let someone throw her up in the air and in fact, will ask them do it again and again. These things may seem small but her being willing to do them is a huge break through for us! It makes life tons more enjoyable for everyone.
Genevieve still has a deep love for cheese and ice cream. It is a good thing that we keep the cheese on the top shelf or she would eat her weight in it. Sometimes I catch her trying to take bites out of the block of cheese (and even the butter).
Jonah is cruising around furniture and starting to let go to take a step. His favorite thing to do is use his little walker thing and run around the house with Evie. He likes the idea of being all grown up! Lately he really enjoys squealing and copying the strange noises that he hears. It is really hard not to laugh when Evie is crying about something and he copies her with the strangest noises I have ever heard that oddly enough sound a lot like her.
He is such a funny little kid. He laughs at himself easily and thinks Evie is the bomb! They love each other and think the other is hilarious.
Jonah is starting to figure out that not all food is created equal and some is better than others. He loves his veggies and fruit though. He will usually pick them out before the carbs. I have tried to use him as a motivation for Evie to eat more variety of foods but as of now it doesn't even fase her.
This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.
This is the face that Jonah makes almost every time I try to take a picture of him.
Evie dressed up in the clothes that Natalie sent her from Guatemala. I took pictures and she posed. The one just above she was showing me how her stomach can stick out.
This face is crazy weird but I LOVE it!
Who knew that ham and cheese could turn into a boat that gives rides to tiny pieces of ham and cheese.
I went to my mom's and found all my old barbie stuff and Evie was in love instantly!
Jonah is still pretty easy going. I will put him in his crib and he will just cuddle up next to his fluffy blanket and go to sleep. He hardly even cries. Thank heaven for fluffy things. The day I washed his blanket and didn't get it moved through the wash before his nap time he went to sleep just fine but woke up early and cried and cried. I realized then that he was a little dependent on it.
We are still struggling with Jonah's torticollis (he tilts his head to the left). Tomorrow we go down to SLC to see if he will be a candidate for botox. It will relax the muscles on the left side of his neck and force him to strengthen the opposite side. I tried to avoid it but the therapist has done all she can think of and so this is the next step. Wish us luck!
I love your little family so much I can't even stand it. And those valentine's pictures?? Holy. Moly.
ReplyDelete