Friday, January 18, 2013

Winter

Despite the fact that I spaced my kids 22 months apart I am afraid that soon they will be the same size. Currently they are 5 lbs. apart so I would say we are on our way. Evie still doesn't trust food but we are working on that and Jonah on the other hand, can't get enough of it.  Every time he eats something he likes, you hear all sorts of "mmm" noises from his direction. He loves anything with flavor and when he likes it... you will know it!  He loves water. I thought he wouldn't take a bottle since we passed "the cut off" and I figured I won't be working so, no big deal.  But he seems to love it. You know, he pretty much loves everything.... Except for the breathing treatments, but I will get back to those.
He is so easy going and just crawls around the house, exploring, racing onto the bathroom every time some one leaves the door open.  He is always putting any small objects in his mouth that I didn't even know existed.  He loves to stand up to things and will just bounce and babble to himself for the longest time.  He loves people and is easily provoked into laughter.  He is already a tease and likes to make this funny squeal and bonk his head into yours.  Today he waved good night to evie and Joey and said, "bye bye"!
 This past week I have felt as though he has been getting so big and we were saying "bye bye" to that baby we once had. As sad as that is, I am so excited for what we have on store for us. I love the stage we are in with both kids.

Evie has decided she doesn't need me anymore, she carries her steps around the house so that she is tall enough to do everything on own. I tried and tried to get her interested in potty training to save on diapers but it wasn't until I gave up that she just decided that she was big and has hardly had any accidents since. She won't even let me put a diaper on her for nap time. So this independency has its perks. Genevieve gets upset at me if I try to help her and will undo anything I do in that direction.  For example, after going to the bathroom, if I turn the water on for her, she will climb up on the counter to turn it off.  Get back down, pause.... take a breath, climb back up turn it on, get back down and begin to wash her hands.
Evie loves it when anyone comes and visits and squeals, running all over the house. She is always talking about when so-and-so is going to come over and play.  This usually consists of her cousins and grandmas and grandpas.
Currently her favorite foods are burritos and crepes. She very obsessed with birthdays and santa clause. She had a huge melt down when I put baby Jesus away with the Christmas things. I should have known, she took care of that baby Jesus ... Well, like he was the real thing. He was always put down for naps and the spot in the center of the manger was always reserved for him.
Back to birthdays,whenever someone has a birthday we have to spend a week afterwards convincing her that it really isn't "WeeWee's" birthday and her birthday is in the summer. She loves to sing happy birthday and if you tell her it is your birthday, she might just sing for you.
She loves to draw and cut paper with her scissors into tiny little pieces. Recently we have been experimenting with sensory activities to try and help with her panicking when she gets messy. When we pulled out shaving cream she gagged just having it on her hands, not to mention the crying.  She has gotten better and we got her to lick the whipped cream the other day. This is a big step for us since she used to throw upon seeing it in someone else's mouth.

Christmas was a blast this year! I felt like the kids were a perfect age and that made it so much fun! Evie took the time to pull everything out of her stocking one at a time and lined them all up.  In her stocking was some of her favorite things: Oreos, chocolate and a "choo choo" juice (new to us but she thought it was great).
This first picture is Jonah and Grandpa at Ann's Pre-Christmas party.  We got to wear our pj's and drink cocoa.  MMM!
Joey used some of his extra time this winter break to make an official Igloo.  Danny and Angie came over and helped which I was glad since I wasn't being very helpful trying to take care of the kids.
Evie has wanted to ride the bus since the begining of times... So Joey being the good dad that he is, created a way so that she could ride with him.  She got her boots and backpack on and they waited for the bus.  She was soooo excited! I followed them to school in the car and picked Evie up there.  That was all she talked about for a good while!











This is turning out to be the longest post ever! but........ We have been hit with a plague of illness and for the past month and a half we have been constantly sick! From just a cold, to croup, 3 different ear infections, and now RSV.  So currently we have to do breathing treatments on Jonah- which he despises.  I have never seen him so upset, the poor kid. As soon as it is over he jumps down and crawls around like nothing is the matter.  He keeps choking on the flem in the back of his throat and throws up quite frequently.  But the treatments are supposed to help with that.  Evie got sick but not as bad.  She just has to fight the ear infections all the time.  I guess we just need to stay home and never go anywhere... then, maybe then we would be clear of all these sicknesses.


No comments:

Post a Comment