Monday, June 11, 2012

Two and training

We have been trying to potty train Evie and until tonight it has gone pretty well with very few accidents. We were trying to have a lesson for fhe and Evie was running around like always. Joseph was doing the dishes and I was holding a fussy Jonah... So I guess you could say we weren't paying very good attention. All the sudden I hear this crying and a little, "pee pee, help!" our almost two year old never wants help and can always do it by herself, so I gladly left my reading material and was proud that she took herself without being prompted. Evie had stepped out of the bathroom by now and was in tears. Side note: this little girl HATES messes. She has to stop in the middle of meals to clean her hands many times. She is very particular about how things are done and in what order. So... Back to the story, I look at her distraught face then down to her hands which are covered in poop. Through some more whimpers she says, "pee pee!" (we mix up pee and poop a lot) and shows me her hands. She was kind of shaking by this point. I told her it was ok, and she did what she was supposed to by going poopoo in the toilet... Oh, the toilet... Somehow she had managed to not have a single drop of poop in the toilet but plenty on the bath rug, her step and the insert seat she sits on. She must have been very worked up because by the time we got her cleaned up, bathed, and reading a book Joey got to the part of, "the giving tree" where the man cuts down the trunk and took it away, she almost started crying. And shortly after fell asleep in joey's arms not to find out what happens at the end of the story. Needless to say, potty training is fun!

2 comments:

  1. Haha wow it sounds like quite the adventure! We are going through the same stuff with Zander right now so it does my heart good to hear other stories. I miss you so much! I need to meet your little man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do! And I your little girl! Wish we lived tons closer! Of course in a year we will be even farther away. Bummer. Your kids are so cute! I bet they are so much fun! Good luck with all the potty training.

      Delete