Monday, February 20, 2012
Toddler bed
I have been putting off changing Evie's bed over because the thought of her getting out and wanting to play in the middle of the night didn't sound like a good time. But, I knew I'd need to get the worst of it over with before the little guy comes. So... Yesterday I got brave and went for it. I gave her a pillow and called it her "big girl bed" and we talked about how we have to stay there during nap times and at night. Genevieve was so excited she would run into the kitchen, turn around, run back into her room, climb on her bed, cover herself up, lay there for a few seconds and then jump up and do it all over again. After all this excitement of her spending half of the day getting in and out of bed, I was expecting the worse. Surprisingly, not once during nap time has she got out, she still cries til she goes to sleep and then cries until I come in to get her after she wakes up, just as it used to be. I am careful what I say around her bacause heaven knows the moment she realizes that she isn't ball and chained to that bed life will be very different. Right now I will just say she is a very obedient child and listens to every thing her momma tells her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww Evie.... she sounds like such a little character. And what a little cutie too! I wish we could see you more often
ReplyDeleteIt really stinks that we live so far away. Sad thing is it probably won't be until the next life that we do. Miss you!
Delete