I started visiting teaching when I was 18. I ran a busy life, surrounded by people I love and conversations were not hard to come by. Then, visiting teaching was something I could just check off on my list of things to do and thought it was weird that I would share messages with people that could be my grandmother.
Then my life changed quite drastically and I find myself wanting the month to pass by quicker so that I can visit with those wonderful girls in my ward. I find myself thinking about them often and waiting in anticipation for updates on pending situations. This past week I found myself thinking, "You know, it's too bad we aren't required to visit every week." I began to see that the Lord really knew what he was doing when he organized visiting teaching. Women need someone to talk to! They thrive off of it. They need to know that there is someone thinking about them and keeping them in their prayers- because we could all use a few more of those! They need to talk to another female about their thoughts, questions, and desires. Even if all of it seems like nonsense, it's worthwhile nonsense.
So I want to say, go visit! Do it, you'll love it! It's designed for you to love it. Even if you've met your talking quota for the month, week or day- there may be someone out there who hasn't. And you never know, you may even like it...
Shanna, I found your blog! I'm excited to see more pictures of the baby :) She is so cute. . . if you want me to invite you to our blog, send me your email! Mine is cremellewis@gmail.com. By the way. . . I can't see anything on this post, is that normal?
ReplyDelete