Saturday, August 2, 2014

Jonah is Tonsiless

A week before we moved we took Jonah in to the Doctor to look at an eye infection and before we knew it he was getting a Tonsillectomy, an adnoidectomy and tubes in his ears.  
Despite what we put him through, he was a Champ.  I felt really mean when in the morning all he wanted was a drink of water and I told him, "No." I mean, look at him.  He was miserable. 




 And this was why.  When I told the ENT that we were going to med school in a week he offered to let us watch the surgery!!! It was super cool! One doctor called them kissing tonsils and the ENT called them  "trophy tonsils" and they were exceptionally large as you can see.

 So that is why he snored and his voice was so low....
After the surgery, I thought that it would be easy trying to get Jonah to rest - you know- because he didn't feel good.  But it was the opposite.  Every time I turned around Jonah was jumping on the couch or running around teasing someone.  Practically bouncing off the walls.  He was more hyper then than I had ever seen.   Whether it was the Loratab or the increase in oxygen I know not, but I do know that I am glad we got them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment