Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jonah keeps me happy

Jonah was sent to me just the way he is because Heavenly Father knew I needed his happy spirit.  What he likes most is running around the house with Evie, dancing, airplanes (boat), his turtle, and cuddling.  Jonah is a funny bunch! Just today he was making funny faces at the mirror.  And of course laughing at himself.  He thinks that HE is pretty funny.  For example, one day while visiting "Zazoo Grandma" Jonah was stepping on a bottle and it would spin out from under his foot and make a funny noise.  This put him in giggles and he did this for quite some time.  Funny kid.  Well, Grandpa comes up and tries to join in on the game by stepping on it and causing the same reaction.  Jonah did not think this was funny at all, looked at him like he was odd, and took back the bottle laughing at himself all over again.  


Jonah has always been a good sleeper.  He plays hard and falls asleep really fast.  But lately he has been walking through the dark house and climbing over me where he finds the buffer space and occupies it.  I can only assume he likes to cuddle because each time I move farther away from him he rolls right up next to me.  I wish I wasn't so tired at night and could think more clearly or I would be a good mom and bring him back to his bed.  I know he is there but it just doesn't register.  If he would say something I would probably respond but he just climbs right in and I am useless. 




This is Jonah during his sleep eating.  Which he does way too often.  He loves to eat but he is extremely slow and he gets soo tired right around lunch time.  I am pretty sure this particular day he ate most of his corn dog with his eyes closed or half open.



This day Jonah thought he was so funny because he would stand up on a pot and cheese grin (which is smiling so big that your eyes close) so I could take his picture.  And Evie had to join in because she loves having her picture taken as well. This lasted most of the morning.



Evie found the binkie stash and the two of them thought they were hilarious

I found some old costumes that Natalie and Shane wore.  So I busted them out and we tried them on.  For some reason it is super cute when your kids wear something that you wore once.  Haven't figured that one out yet.  But it is true.  The two of them sat there being hams while Evie kept saying, "Take my picture." The funny thing is Jonah smiles and says, "cheese" the instant I pull out my phone or a camera at home.  Without fail every time Jamie has taken our family photos Jonah has this blank miserable stare that I cannot figure out.


The word that most people use to describe Jonah is funny or sweet.  And we love him more that words can describe.

1 comment:

  1. Oh little Jonah you are so stinking cute! I love his hilarious personality and seriously, it is my goal in life to capture it during one of our photo sessions one of these days! I have no idea why he's scared of my camera! These are darling pictures though, I'm glad you take pictures of your kids!

    ReplyDelete