Monday, July 15, 2013

Lost

I lost Evie for the first time last week!!! The WORST feeling in the world!!!!
I was taking dinner to a couple who had a baby and Joey had just gotten home.  We passed through the gate at the same time and Evie followed me up to the gate.  I was about to tell Joey not to let her follow me but assumed that he knew what I expected (I have been trying to be not so much of a nag all the time).  Anyway, so I quickly walked over to their house, chatted for a while and walked back.  Working in the kitchen to get the rest of the meal, I didn't even realize for a while that she wasn't there.  We asked each other if she had been seen recently then came to the conclusion that she had followed me.  Panicked, I started running up and down the street yelling her name, not caring what kind of a ruckus I was starting (the more people we had in this the better).  My first fear was that she had gone east, there was a canal there and that is how my mother's sister had died when she was three.  But Joseph's instincts were better and he thought she had gone west because that is the way we walk to church and drive to go anywhere.  We found her standing on 16th east "waving at all the people."  She said she thought I went that way and she said that as people drove by they waved at her and she waved back.
 I was just glad that even though I wasn't looking after her at that moment I knew that there was someone from up above watching over her, restraining her from going into that street and helping up find her before anything had happened to her.  It is amazing the places your mind can go in a matter of minutes.  It made me realize how much I love her and want her to never doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment