Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pillow talk

The other night I returned to the bed after getting up to feed Jonah. Joseph mumbled something I can't recall. And because he says the funniest things in his sleep I decided to encourage this and see what happens.
Me: what did you say?
Joey: Oh never mind it doesn't matter anymore.
Joey:I'm holding a mouse. And don't know what to do with it.
Me: why don't you hand it to me
Joey: I can't... You're too tricksy.

This event reminded me of other things Joey has said while under the influence of sleep

One sunday morning I couldn't find the car keys. So I decided to ask Joey, who had just gone to sleep after working a 12 hour night shift, where he put them.
Me: do you know where the keys are?
Joey: yeah--of course I do.
Me: (long pause) ...So, where are they?
He reaches into the night stand and fumbles around blindly for a minute and then pulls out some headphones.
Joey: see, I told you I knew where they were.

Other lines he has said in the past under the influence of cold medicine:

One, two, three, gotta get your ducks in a row.

Me: are you feeling okay?
Joey: dandy! Like a dandelion!

I think my mom slipped me a Mickey.

1 comment: