Friday, March 19, 2010

Surprise!

Ever since Nickole left I've been counting down the days that she will come back. In waiting this spring break, Joey decided we needed to do a little bit of graffiti on our own driveway. This was the result... Aren't the details exact?
He then proceeded to create a sign for Renee to let her know how much we appreciate her. This is the V of VIP Parking. Might I add that we listened to the Aquabats the whole time. Sometimes I think we forget how old we are...but aren't those the funnest times?
So... Where was I... oh yes, Nickole was coming home. That was an adventure in it's self. We headed down to SLC of course a half an hour later than planned. On the way there just happened to be a horrible wreck that involved oil tanks. The rumor is the driver fell asleep at the wheel and oil was spilt all over the freeway- which meant that everyone must be channeled off the freeway to avoid any explosions that might occur with the oil leak. So we pressed on. Kaden (my brother) couldn't come and was looking up her flight plans to see when it would come in. I think because it was St. Patty's day our luck was with other people. He found that flight was to come in a half hour earlier. So we called Nat, who was in SLC and said, pick up balloons and meet us there ASAP!!! Honestly Natalie arrived seconds before Nickole came down that escalator. Mom cried. We all cheered. Then we took some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! How fun to have your sister home! I had no idea you guys were going to salt lake wednesday. We were too! We passed the huge oil truck as well, it was totally crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! For Nickole home! We were so sad we missed her homecoming but we are so glad she made it home safely! I love that top picture of her, and Shane's bow tie is very nice. When Josh came home a similar thing happened to us. So I parked the car while everyone ran in to meet him, and just as they got in, he came down the escalator! Isn't it so funny how we count down to when they come home and then we almost don't make it!

    ReplyDelete